Tuesday, September 21, 2004

The Dream

The Dream written 9/20/04

I dreamt of a day
when you would be mine
Here is how it went:

We met at the park
one night at random
as the stars shone
bright as your eyes.

I appraoched slowly
waiting to see you
not sure what I would find
Till I heard you singing.

You know what song I heard,
the one that makes me cry and laugh all together.
Every line of that song
I wish it was true.

Your face was half lit
in orange street light
You smiled something rare
Embraced me, something new.

I dont remember the words
that passed between our lips
or the things you said, to
make me feel this way.

It was time to go
Sadly though true
you walked me home,
to the place I spent the days.

We reached the street
I let go of your hand.
And I circled with my arms open wide.
Spun in circles, around.

The world left me,
then you stopped me.
Our eyes stopped at each other
and you smiled.

Your lips met mine,
In a sweet embrace
seeming to last forever.
you broke away and I stumbled.

You said three words
eight letters
that meant my world
I Love You

I awoke then
to brute noises
signlaing the start of another day
another day without you.

~

Poison
One drop of poison
to my blood
for every tear
that has disgraced
my imperfect cheeks

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home